Skills for the Future - STEAM Breakfast Round Table MeetingUncategorized
Future proofing jobs for young people in the region
This event is aimed at:
- West Midlands based employers across all sectors; engineering, manufacturing, trade, low carbon, creative, digital, training organisations etc etc
- employers with Corporate/Social Responsibility CSR
- employers that run their own apprenticeship schemes
- employers that have identified their future workforce requires technical skills
The purpose of this event:
- This is an opportunity for employers to understand current activity and to shape and be involved in developing the Future Skills work strand of Academy of Academies regional proposal
Digital Birmingham are working with Birmingham City University on their Academy of Academies bid proposal as part of the European Social Fund.
We are leading the Skills of the Future work package and working with Creative Alliance and other partners to develop the strands of activity within this, which is focused on:
growing the talent base focused on driving future cross sector skills media, creative, innovation, production and coding skills
increasing diversity (targeting deprived and excluded) NEETS & unemployed
developing employment ready programmes and pathways to transition those with talent and skills into jobs, further education, enterprise across priority growth sectors
Skills of the Future programme aims to build on current clusters of activity, to increase the technical level of skills in this area and ensure that it is matched to future jobs and opportunities.
This breakfast meeting will bring together employers and other key organisations with the aims to:
share with and get your feedback on what is being planned as part of the Skills of the Future proposed programme
understand employers and key partners needs now and in the future
explore your involvement as part of this, particularly to ensure that it aligns to employer / market needs
Through this session, we aim to better shape and strengthen the offer for young people in developing their digital talent and enabling employment / enterprise opportunities to stem from this.
Places are limited so please do confirm your attendance today.
AN AGENDA WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE SHORTLY.For more details and to book the tickets follow this link.